Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Favorite Christmas Movies: "Will Vinton's Claymation Christmas Special"

In honor of Christmas, over the next month I'll be reviewing my 10 favorite Christmas movies of all time. To kick it off, I'm going to list my favorite Christmas TV special, which technically doesn't qualifiy as a movie.

Zach's Favorite 10 Christmas Movies:
#10 (which isn't really a movie)

A Claymation Christmas
Celebration Special

Directed by: Will Vinton
Release Date: 1987

Growing up, my favorite Christmas video was claymation-extrodinaire Will Vinton’s collection of Christmas Carols sung (or played) by his claymation (or visual effects) creatures and creations. The effects are really fantastic and the characters are just great, especially the hosts Rex and Herb. Plus, it's just a simply little TV special that is fun to watch. It totally reminds me of my childhood, and I still laugh at a few jokes, even as an adult. You can watch the whole thing on youtube, and one of my favorite songs here:


No comments:

Post a Comment